Brickwood Properties roots go back 33 years with high-quality Rochester, NY construction, management and professionalism
In 1981 owner and CEO Mark VanEpps completed 4 years of army service and returned home to an economic recession and very few jobs. Instead of simply waiting around for a job to appear, Mark paved his own way. He began with painting jobs. After a time, those jobs grew and grew to the point where he added various remodeling jobs to the services he offered.
Each bit of growth came because Mark worked harder than the rest. He soon was building single-family homes as a subcontractor until he fully developed Brickwood Homes and went out on his own. Mark’s interest also steered towards rental property. He purchased and managed properties until he eventually started building and managing his own rental properties.
Brickwood is One of Rochester, NY’s Finest Builders
Today Brickwood Homes and Properties is flourishing because of the experience, hard work and professionalism that accompanies each employee’s skills. With a team of five full-time staff and anywhere from 50-80 subcontractor employees, Brickwood can accomplish projects both great and small. Brickwood builds single-family homes as well as rental homes. Their locations include King’s Crossing
and the newest build out: Ivy Bridge Townhomes
Rochester Building Services:
- Custom single family homes
- Build-ins and enhancements
- Energy package
- Woodwork and Finishes
- Custom Bath, Kitchen and Basement
- Siding, Windows & Doors,
- Garage and Road Pavement
- Electric, Water, Sewer Installation
- Property Management
- Selection of materials & colors to suit your particular taste
- Consultation during the construction period and final walk thru following completion
- A warranty program to ensure your continued peace of mind & security after you take occupancy
- Zero Defect Housing (no punch list at the end of the job)
Awards and References:
- Won Better Business Bureau Award in 2000 for Customer Service and Best Practices
- Check out our Testimonials and Referrals from past clients
- Grammar School: St. Margaret Mary Irondequoit
- High School: Bishop Kearney
- College: MCC, St John Fisher, University of Maryland
- Military Service: April '77 – Oct '80
- Equitable Life: Oct 80’ - Aug '81
- Monroe Developmental Center: Aug '81 - Jun '82
- Started Contracting business: Jun '82
- Built business through years
- Won Better Business Bureau Awards in 2000 for Customer Service and Best Practices
- Practice a concept called Zero Defect Housing (it means no punch list at the end of job)
- Almost all of our customers give referral letters (see referral section)
- Through the years we have started and completed many sub-divisions in the Greater Rochester area and suburbs
- Last years our volume was 4.8Mil on 24 closings. This year we should equal or surpass.
Brickwood Builders Tackled Rochester NY Building and Property Rental when Others Failed
A pivotal time in Brickwood’s history was during the 2008 recession. Mark saw the economic decline and instead of halting his services, he took a risk. Mark took his savings and his 401k and went to the bank for a loan that got approved just two weeks prior to the bank shutting people off. What did this mean for Brickwood Builders? They began the 60 townhouse build-out of King’s Crossing and the rewards which followed kept the business afloat when other construction businesses experiences an ultimate low.
We are proud to serve Rochester, NY for the last 33 years and counting. Our biggest hope is that we can provide Rochester residents a comfortable, safe place that they can call home and create memories in. We uphold values such as honesty, integrity, diligence, commitment and relationship. These qualities guide our work and we promise to share them with you if you choose to build or rent with us.
If you are interested in Building a new home or renting give us a call at 585-880-1631 or fill out a contact form to get more information today.